Sexy Glamour Models has taken a look back at 2006 in order to admire and adore the top glamour models of the year. We have composed a list of the top 10 Glamour models of the year, the models that have rocked the glamour industry and left us asking for more. We have taken an international view of the Glamour Photography industry and include glamour models from around the world. Interestingly, several of the models have rocked the glamour industry with controversy as well as modeling talent confirming the adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Below you will find The Sexy Glamour Models pick of the Top Ten Glamour Models of 2006.
1. Kara Monaco was selected the US Playmate of the year 2006. Before this most recent honor, she was chosen as Playboy's Sexiest Bartender 2004 and in the same year she appeared on the cover of Playboy Special Editions Girls of Summer. In June 2005 she was chosen as Playmate of the Month. She was also featured in the 2006 Playmates at Play Playmate swimsuit calendar.In addition to Playboy Kara has also appeared in FHM and Men's Fitness magazines and episodes of E! reality TV series. She also appears as 'Vala' in the Envy series workout tape. To see a trailer from the video click below.
2. Cristina Dumitru, a relatively unknown Romanian model is an up and comer. After being selected as Miss Maxim of Romania, she competed against 24 international Maxim models and won the international title of Miss Maxim 2006. This sultry 19 year old beauty is from Bucharest but is now in New York developing her modeling career.
3. Diana Chiafair from Florida came out of nowhere to become Miss FHM 2006. This 21 year old first appeared in FHM in May 2006. Not your typical glamour model, Diana describes herself as the good girl next door. She still lives with her parents, goes to church on Sundays and is saving her virginity for marriage. When not modeling she is a University student and works as a Pharmaceutical sales rep.
4. Louise Glover from the UK was chosen by Playboy USA as the Special editions Model of the Year in 2006. Louise has impressed us for some years. At 19 she represented her country as Miss Great Britain in the Miss Earth finals. She was on the front covers and insides of numerous men’s magazines and the UK’s biggest-selling tabloid newspapers including FHM, Bizarre, Maxim, Loaded, News of the World, The Sun and The Daily Star. In January 2006 Playboy photographed her for the front cover of Playboy Vixens magazine. Then she was in the "Top 100 Sexiest Playboy Models" 2006 pictorial special edition magazine before being chosen as model of the year. Playboy recently declared her ‘London’s Sexiest Babe’. But Louise has also been the center of attention for other reasons. In 2005 she was found guilty of claiming thousands of pounds in benefits while earning unreported money as a model. In July 2006, Louise accused Big Brother contestant Sezer Yurtseven of raping her at the Great Eastern Hotel, near London’s Liverpool Street station. In Jan 2007 she was arrested for smashing a glass door in the foyer of popular London nightspot, following a fight with a female employee of the club.
5 Maria Sharapova from Russia is the highest paid female athlete in the world. Yet she still has time for her glamour modeling career. Sports illustrated featured here in a six-page spread in the 2006 issue of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, along with 25 other models. In April 2005, People Magazine included her among the 50 most beautiful celebrities in the world. In 2006, Maxim magazine named Sharapova the hottest athlete in the world for the fourth consecutive year. Click on the video below to watch Maria in a Niki commercial.
6. Janine Habeck crossed over from Germany to the USA in 2006. She was Germany’s Playmate of the Month for February 2004 and Playmate of the Year in 2005. In November 2005 Janine was awarded the title Miss Centerfold by readers of the German edition of Playboy, celebrating the 400th issue of the magazine. In 2006 she went international and became the US Playmate of the month of September 2006.
7. Emily Scott, Australian cover girl, recently moved from her home in Sydney to take up permanent residence in London. This trained Olympic gymnast was chosen by Robbie Williams for a starring role in the visuals for his 2006 World Tour. Emily beat thousands of hopefuls to become the face of Babelife. In 2006, she participated in the ITV reality series Love Island for one week before being evicted.
8. Danielle Lloyd was Miss Great Britain 2006. However, in November 2006, she was stripped of her title. Two reasons for this decision is that she was dating one of the pagent judges and that she appeared topless in a Playboy spread. Danielle has recently appeared in FHM and Maxim magazines. She astonished fellow Brits when she appeared on a game show, and to the question "who was Winston Churchill?", she responded "Wasn't he the first black president of America?" Recently, she has been accused of racism while participating in a celebrity Big Brother, for comments she has made about an Indian participant of the house.
9. Keeley Hazell a UK glamour model competed in The Daily Star’s "Search for a Beach Babe" contest and won. Later she won The Sun’s Page 3 Idol competition. As part of her Idol win she earned a one-year exclusive glamour modeling contract with The Sun. Keeley is regularly featured in Zoo and continues to appear in The Sun at least once every two weeks. She has been on the cover of The Sun's 2006 and 2007 Page 3 calendars, selected #1 in Zoo's Britain's 10 Sexiest Models, #1 in Zoo's 100 Sexiest Bodies 2005 and #1 in Zoo's 100 Sexiest Bodies 2006. Keeley was offered a chance to be in Playboy, but declined because she was not comfortable doing a full nude shoot, but in January 2007, a sex tape of Keeley and her ex-boyfriend appeared on the internet. It is rumored that she will have a role in the upcoming movie Baywatch. Click below to see Keeley in a video / photoshoot.
10. Vida Guerra is a Cuban-born glamour model and will soon release a music CD. She began her modelling career with the US FHM magazine in Dec 2002, and since then, she has been featured on the front cover as well as on the inside of many magazines, including DUB Magazine, Smooth, Escape, and Open Your Eyes (Abre Tus Ojos). She has appeared in several music videos, Spanish TV programs, US TV commercials and skectches from the Chappelle Show. Vida appeared fully nude in the July 2006 issue of Playboy. In April 2005 her camera phone was hacked and nude photos of her appeared on the internet. Click here to read more about Vida Guerra considered by some to be the sexiest model ever.
Who do YOU think is the hotest of these 10 Babes? Vote for your favorite Glamour Model below! In the comment box tell us you can tell us why you like the model you have selected. After you cast your vote,check out these Sexy Lingerie Models.